"I sit down to a blank page and see my oldest friend. Some days I write something decent. Some days I suck. Whatever. It’s not like I won’t be back tomorrow."
~ Sera Gamble

Sunday 3 October 2010

My Writing Plan

I want to work more on my writing. I never spend as much time on as I would like on it. One trouble I have is when I actually find the time to sit down and write, I find I don’t know what to write!

So now I have a plan! I have created a To Do List for my Writing, then I have a list of ideas and writing exercises I would like to do, especially to challenge myself and help me improve. Then whenever I have the time to sit down and write, I will be able to pick an item from my list, and start work immediately! :)

My Writing Plan

(either in script or prose)

  • Visit One Minute Writer, and pick a prompt to write for one minute.
  • On a Friday, visit One Minute Writer, and write a Friday Fiction piece.
  • Write a scene from a movie or tv script, with description in prose.
  • Write a scene introducing a character.
  • Write an action scene, with fighting or shooting. Make it as intense, immediate and real as you can.
  • Write a romantic scene, maybe asking someone on a date.
  • Write a stressful scene, someone frustrated or angry. (e.g. Spooks). Use body language to help.

I am also eagerly anticipating National Novel Writing Month 2010, I have never managed to complete 50,000 words in 30 days before, but I am hoping this year may be the one! I now have a secret weapon - Chris Baty's book: No Plot? No Problem! - A low-stress high-velocity guide to writing a novel in 30 days. I am planning to read one chapter each week to get me prepared for NaNoWriMo, I'm feeling positive! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I do not like spam!)