So now I have a plan! I have created a To Do List for my Writing, then I have a list of ideas and writing exercises I would like to do, especially to challenge myself and help me improve. Then whenever I have the time to sit down and write, I will be able to pick an item from my list, and start work immediately! :)
My Writing Plan
(either in script or prose)
- Visit One Minute Writer, and pick a prompt to write for one minute.
- On a Friday, visit One Minute Writer, and write a Friday Fiction piece.
- Write a scene from a movie or tv script, with description in prose.
- Write a scene introducing a character.
- Write an action scene, with fighting or shooting. Make it as intense, immediate and real as you can.
- Write a romantic scene, maybe asking someone on a date.
- Write a stressful scene, someone frustrated or angry. (e.g. Spooks). Use body language to help.
I am also eagerly anticipating National Novel Writing Month 2010, I have never managed to complete 50,000 words in 30 days before, but I am hoping this year may be the one! I now have a secret weapon - Chris Baty's book: No Plot? No Problem! - A low-stress high-velocity guide to writing a novel in 30 days. I am planning to read one chapter each week to get me prepared for NaNoWriMo, I'm feeling positive! :)