"I sit down to a blank page and see my oldest friend. Some days I write something decent. Some days I suck. Whatever. It’s not like I won’t be back tomorrow."
~ Sera Gamble

Saturday 11 February 2012

Drabble Day "Apple"

I haven't written a Drabble in a while, so I thought I'd have a go at Aheila's latest Drabble challenge - Apple. Here's my attempt, a little over 100 words!

"An Apple was sitting on the teacher’s desk. Roxy hadn’t noticed it when she first got into class, but it was in plain sight now. She squinted at it for a moment, then returned her eyes to the blackboard. The ancient history teacher was waffling on monotonously, his white moustache hardly moving as he mumbled his way through the lesson. Nothing changes.

As she twisted a green curl between her fingers, a slight hum began to catch her ear. Drowsily her eyes drift back to the apple on the desk. It hums steadily louder as an incandescent blue light begins to surround it, growing stronger as the hum grows louder. Roxy rolled her eyes in annoyance, Just what I need!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Please note - all comments are approved before appearing below. I do not like spam!)